Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Scale Story:)

That's what I've decided to call weigh in days.  The reason is simple - I don't know how to delete labels from previous posts that have been hidden so I have to make up new ones!

The good news is, the scale has gone down! 5lbs in one week to be exact.  Which is a HUGE relief.

After quitting smokig (again) on the 20th of October, and then getting of my bp meds ( I really should write about that soon!) I gained 8 pounds in 2 weeks.  I went to my doc quite teary eyed and she suggested I keep doing what I'm doing and wait and see, that things might adjust themselves. So today, day 1 of my first period in 2.5 months, I weigh 5lbs less then I did last Tuesday.

I believe cutting my salt intake down to a strickt 1500mg per day has been a big help.  I also feel a lot better, like i'm not literally dragging myself everywhere, making even a walk to the bathroom a chore.

I've got my daily goals up there on the right to remind me what I gotta get done every day in November and so far so good.

Yesterdays steps : 7592
This week's new food: Spaghetti Squash!!

Funny story there - Sam asked me to buy a spaghetti squash and I tried not to fall down in shock. So I did, and on the counter it sat.  Yesterday I knew I'd be working late so I asked her to please make the squash for dinner.  She even attempted her own sauce (not too shabby) and added some shrimp. It was REALLY GOOD!!  The way to get around the squash thing - is not to expect pasta in any way. Forget the "spaghetti" part of its name.  Then, it's actually delish!!

Tonight I'm making dinner - here's hoping I'm half the cook she is!

xo

3 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Well done on getting off the BP meds! OH, and the five pounds was nothing to sneeze at either. :)

Can't wait to hear what you cooked up for dinner!

November 20, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Anonymous said...

Lisa .. Congrats on your big loss last week!

November 21, 2012 at 1:47 PM
Lisa said...

Thanks so much to both of you!

Cammy - they only took me off because the side effects were causing issues - we are revisiting the situation in a few weeks, i'll keep you posted!

xo

November 23, 2012 at 12:35 PM
 

©2009Doin' It For Me | by TNB