Wednesday, November 14, 2012Yesterday's Goals and Results - ABFAB!
- water - done!
- fruits and veggies - done!
- no night time eating - i had an apple:) so ..DONE!
- 6K steps - how does 10, 776 sound ??
Ok ok I know, we are supposed to do 10K minimum per day to MAINTAIN a healthy lifestyle. But with my various injuries that can be painful, and with the restrictions the doc has me on it can also be challenging. But I had already decided to walk from X to Y last night while running an errand..thing is, even though I've lived in this city for years I completely misjudged how far this was. I thought it was a 10 minute 3 block walk. Turns out via google maps it's a 30 minute (so 55 min @ Lisa speed) 2.5km walk. I was a hurting girl but pretty happy with the steps I had recorded for the day!
In Other Lisa News: I am about to enter the "ok life is gonna be busy as hell the next week" zone. Actually, not even a whole week. Things should be back to it's usual frantic pace by Monday. Until then though - oy.
You see, I'm still working on a certificate in Criminology and Criminal Law from Ryerson. I have three credits to go, and am working on one of those now. The good news is - i love the material. The bad news is? It's online only. This is the first time I've taken an online only class and honestly, for me, this is not working at all. I'm behind on my reading, and most importantly, behind on a paper I have to hand in Saturday by midnight. Which I haven't started yet. By that I mean I haven't even researched it yet.
No big deal one would think..Sure, it's tight, and won't be the best but it's Wednesday, you still have a few days. Yes, except I work 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. Tonight I have a counselling session, then the symphony. Saturday I have a birthday party for a very, very special two year old. Not to mention you know..life. Dog walking, dinner cooking, laundry, life with a teenager and an out of town husband.
But I can do it. The challenge will be to get through crazy frantic without leaving behind a healthy lifestyle. So, my goals for the next few days will be simple. Keep It Simple. Tonight when I get home I'll boil up a bunch of shrimp and make some steel cut oats. That way I have a healthy go to for a carb and a protein. I've got prewashed, precut, veggies already packed up in baggies and ready to go.
Thursday - Sunday Goals
- 3 litres of water every day no matter what
- 5K steps. Half of what one is "supposed" to do on a daily basis, but this way I won't have the big "Fail" sign tugging at my brain as I try to focus on whether or not the CSI effect is real (the topic of my paper).
- 1 hour every day just for me. Whether I am getting my nails done, cooking something I love, or maybe, maybe I'll even take a bath - but I have to find a way to give myself 1 hour each day. I've learned that consciously doing this has really been helping with my mood and my blood pressure.
I won't be blogging much (if at all ) between now and then but I have already decided my hour to me on Sunday will be blog stalking and hopefully posting!!
Have a good end of week !!